- [Categories Continued...]
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
- cloth diapers (maybe 15-20 to start since I have a 1 year old but if I had a newborn 24-30),
- covers (unless I choose the AIO or pocket), liners (for the pocket if I choose that),
- wet bag (for travel),
- detergent that is safe for cloth diapers
- diaper rash cream that is easily washable on cloth diapers,
- snappies or pins (for the prefold diapers)
- liner for diaper pail @ home
Friday, March 19, 2010
I'm sorry I missed this day also.
Things I am thankful for this week.
- My mother coming to visit and helping out with Wesley, cooking, cleaning. Shes been a HUGE help, and even though we have our differences (which is a ton and we have a hard time being in the same room for more than a day), I still love her and appreciate everything she has done for us.
- A couple days of warm weather. That gave us opportunities to get some pictures taken, play at the park, take walks, and just being able to get out of the house.
- The friends/family that came to celebrate Wesley's 1st birthday. He loved playing with the kids, playing with his new gifts, and eating yummy cake.
- The new people I've met this week both for business and play & the new kids Wesley met and had fun playing with!
- Family for always being there.
- My husband for being strong through these last few months when he lost his best friend, his dad. For working hard to provide for the family, and working on "us".
- Having a roof over our heads, food on the table, clothes on our back.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
So for today's mystery monday are some helpful tips for avid photographers on how to properly ready a histogram. I found this article and thought it might come in handy. I've only read a part of it but so far it has really helped!
Saturday, March 13, 2010
STARTING MONDAY 3/15: Each day of the week is something different. I want to make time to blog everyday
(well atleast 6 days a week & 1 day to recover). So I may end up skipping some days too.
Mystery Monday: Open to anything you would like! Maybe a tutorial, photo-edit, favorite blog post of the week, random photo of something, favorite song or video, craft project, etc. I love mysteries =)
Toddler Tuesday: My little boy is now a toddler *gasp*. I want to showcase some of my favorite photos of the week of my little man.
Wyoming Wednesday: Nature is so beautiful, especially in Wyoming. Each week I want to show you the beauty I've found outdoors here in wyoming.
Thankful Thursday: In words (and pictures of course), I want to give thanks. I don't say it enough and have a lot to be grateful for. Also every thurs @ ishouldbefoldinglaundry is a new photo challenge (you-capture). I've have already participated a couple times already and will continue this.
Fix-it friday: Every friday @ iheartfaces I will show you the weekly photo I've edited with instructions on how I did it. Sometimes I'll even have one of my own photos I've edited and show you how I do that as well, or a neat tutorial.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
This weeks challenge at You capture is Quiet.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
A couple days ago I gave you all a little sneak peak from dion's session. Dion is from the city, so instantly I knew we should go with an "urban" session. We made it work here in Laramie! My new photog friend Lauren came along to shoot as well and we had a blast together =) (She had a few up as well over on her blog so check it out)
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Today was my very first actual photo session. I wasn't nervous because it was someone I knew and we had so much fun!! The weather couldn't have been more perfect. No coats!! I can't believe it.
Dion was such a good sport. He not only had me taking photos but Lauren of ellekaystudios as well. This was great practice for both of us!!
Here is a sneak peak from today.
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. What do you like? Don't like? Would change?
Hope you like it!!
more to come soon
I have been playing around for quite some time now with different watermarks and couldn't come up with one I really loved. I just want to have something simple for the time being while I figure out my photography brand.
Which I'm actually thinking of changing the name from Color My World Photography & Design to Color My World Studio because when I do get my own domain name typing colormyworldphotographyanddesign is SUPER long and ridiculous, but colormyworldstudio is much better. BUT the .com is taken already. All of the other domains are available. .net, .org, .info but I'm not sure if I want those. .net isn't too bad. But I'm not completely set yet.
What do you like??
I want to get my website up sometime in the next few months because I'm hoping (cross my fingers) that all of the friends that mentioned to me they want photos taken will let me do that. 13 sessions hopefully. That would be great!!
Friday, March 5, 2010
Not only does the Get Schooled Photo products guide you through the entire process of high end school portraiture, it also includes a private membership to her You are Schooled Blog where
Be sure to check out Get Schooled Photo Blog http://www.getschooledblog.com for more information about the guide, marketing forms, childrens book
Once again its that time of the week again where we fix a photo @ iheartfaces.
- Copied the background layer & did a mask around the areas I didn't want lightened.
- Curves adjustment on the area of the boy that was too dark. Did a slight blur on the masked area to smooth the edges.
- Color fill adjustment layer to a nice medium blue and changed the opacity of the layer to overlay. Erased everything but the sky area. Slight blur on masked area to smooth edges. Changed layer opacity to liking.
- Flatten image
- Unsharp mask. 30%, radius 3.6, threshold 0.
- Copied background layer, surface blur, erased everything but facial features I wanted to keep smooth.
- Patch tool to remove blemishes.
- Flatten, dodged the eyes a little bit.
- PW warming action
- Flatten again, up the vibrance, up the contrast a bit
- Masked everything but the hair, and sharpened that a bit more. Using the clone tool, touched up the overexposed area on hair. Reduced the opactity to look realistic. Minor curves adjustment again and am finished.
Wanted to keep the photo bright and warm. Hope you like it!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
If anyone is interested in following my other 2 blogs please stop by and show them some love!
All about Wesley (recently updated with pics of my little man).
And I wanted everyone to see the new dog we got! Hes so cute and very photogenic =) I think it runs in the family lol. Check Cleatus out here.
I probably have way too many blogs but thats ok because I update them frequently and I'd rather keep my photography/family stuff seperate.
And since I'm going to make sure that every blog I post a picture, here is my husband. He loves his 360.